Nick's Reviews > Just Behave, Pablo Picasso!

Just Behave, Pablo Picasso! by Jonah Winter

M 50x66
Mar 27, 2012

bookshelves: picture-book
Read in March, 2012

This fictionalized biography of Picasso includes small images of some of his famous art, as well as a very philosophical discussion of his life and attitudes. I found that to be unusual, including the almost dreamlike way of portraying his existence.
While technically a picture book, I can't really see reading this to a very young child. I think that it is really aimed at kids who are becoming aware of their own identities and creativity, and can serve to encourage them to try things outside the box, when it comes to the arts.
I'm still not much of a fan of Picasso, though. Sorry, but while I understand Cubism on an intellectual level...I just don't care for it. That's just me.
I am still willing to acknowledge that Picasso was a genius at viewing the impossible and painting it, and if this book inspires even one child to take a similar step in any form of the arts, then Jonah Winter will have achieved his own masterpiece.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Behave, Pablo Picasso!.