Jessica Roessler's Reviews > Break You

Break You by M.V. Ellis

Break You was my very first read by M.V. Ellis, and I actually ended up really enjoying it!
This story is a dark bully romance(non-rh), and also has a romantic suspense feel to it as well.
Break You is a story of revenge, and how love got in the way.

Xavier is at the top of his game. Both himself and his father are extremely rich, and early on, it quickly becomes very clear that Xavier has probably never had to hear the word "no" in his lifetime. He dominates his school, his friends, and the women who all want a piece of him.
But, underneath it all, he is determined, and on a journey to exact revenge on the man who hurt him.
Rocky, the heroine of the story, is an extremely tough woman, with tough skin, and the ability to hide all fear, and take care of herself. Rocky's childhood was completely different than Xaviers. While their parent's were not really there to truly care, Rocky often went with very little, or next to nothing when it came to any item...and this includes food. Xavier never went hungry, and he always had everything that he could ever need. These two both attended the same school because of Rocky's intelligence and donor money, she was offered a place in trinity hall...and thanks to her ability to sense danger, they never stepped foot into each other's paths....until one day.

Rocky was working a prestigious dinner event, and ends up in Xavier's clutches.
Xavier's revenge plan takes a break, while he pursues the mysterious, headstrong, and stubborn, Rocky. But, Rocky is not one that can be broken.
Between Rocky and Xavier's need for revenge, there are twists and turns around every corner. I don't think I have ever read a book where the hero and heroine try SO hard to hate one another.
Their story is deeply complicated, and Xavier is not and will not going to stop his plan for revenge, and whoever is in his way, better watch out.

Do you love dark romance? Enemies/Bullies to lovers? Then I can guarantee that Break You by MV Ellis is the exactly the book you are going to want to get your hands on ASAP.
I just wanted to quickly add that while the blurb does make it seem like this story is going to be the ultimate dark bully romance, I honestly would say that it is actually one of the lighter bully romances that I have read.
While it is nowhere near to being a "light bully romance", because it still carries a pretty heavy darkness, I just wanted to state that it wasn't as dark as it made me think it was.
Still, this book is a great read, and easy to get lost in.
This suspenseful bully romance is a great choice, and should be given the chance that it deserves!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Break You.

Finished Reading