Mindo'ermatter's Reviews > How Fires End

How Fires End by Marco Rafalà

Beautifully Written, Difficult to Experience.

You must read this book slowly to experience it. Marco Rafala's well-written and poignant story will tear at your heart while your eyes see the world differently. This multigenerational shared experience is a saga of the soul illustrated so well in prose with the feelings of poetry.

Through the eyes of three primary characters with a final fourth, these first-person narratives describe well the struggles of humanity and the pains of secrets bourne that shape the soul.

This is a serious literary read that requires thoughtful reflection and rereading of sections to understand and appreciate them fully. The author's gift is evident through the images created and felt.

A family affected by tragedy and trauma often suffer the consequences for generations as the sins of the fathers are suffered for and paid by their children.

The Audible narration was well done and did not distract from the story.

Congratulations to the author for his first amazing work that I hope perhaps will lead to many more. The only reason I gave four rather than five stars is that after experiencing it once, I'm not sure my heart will allow me to read it again.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Fires End.

October 19, 2019 – Started Reading