Darlene's Reviews > The 100

The 100 by Kass Morgan

it was ok
bookshelves: kindle-library, audio-overdrive, book-1, borrowed, boring, dystopia, fiction, library-kindle, library-overdrive, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, space, teen, teen-girls, text-to-speech-enabled, young-adult
Read 2 times. Last read October 19, 2019 to October 27, 2019.

What a disappointment! I couldn't afford to buy the Kindle and Audible versions of this book, so I looked it up in the e-library. I'm glad I didn't spend money on this book.

What I wish is that those who took this book and made the fantastic series on Netflix would take a look at my on writing.

The thing I usually like about reading a book over watching a show is the depth of character you can enjoy. Instead, blathering emotional teen angst.

Oh, and I checked out the audio version thinking that real voices would help my reading experience. NOT! Justin Torres (Narrator), Phoebe Strole (Narrator). For some reason, the main character, Clarke, who is supposed to be the medical team leader of sorts, sounds like a five-year-old. Instead of having a space adventure or a new Earth adventure, we tripped about in romantic lunacy. Yes, the show did take more of a Lord of the Flies take on the loosed teens on Earth, but that was preferable. I wish more time would have been spent exploring and learning. I don't think most teens are that immature as the book or the show portrays.

Anyway, after I gave up on the narrators and went with my text-to-speech. So much better. I can't wait to see more of the 100 on Netflix, but I am not at all interested in reading more. That makes me sad!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 100.

October 19, 2019 – Started Reading (Audiobook Edition)
October 19, 2019 – Started Reading
October 19, 2019 – Shelved
October 19, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle-library
October 19, 2019 – Shelved (Audiobook Edition)
October 19, 2019 – Shelved as: audio-overdrive (Audiobook Edition)
October 27, 2019 – Shelved as: audio-overdrive
October 27, 2019 – Shelved as: teen
October 27, 2019 – Shelved as: teen-girls
October 27, 2019 – Shelved as: text-to-speech-enabled
October 27, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
October 27, 2019 – Finished Reading (Audiobook Edition)
October 27, 2019 – Finished Reading