Karen's Reviews > Healthy Habits Suck: How to Get Off the Couch and Live a Healthy Life… Even If You Don’t Want To

Healthy Habits Suck by Dayna Lee-Baggley

190448

liked it

"So, if you’re not 90 percent sure you can accomplish your goal in the time frame you set, then change the goal. Usually I recommend setting just one 90 percent goal at a time, or two at the most. If you try to do too many changes at once, even if each one is a 90 percent goal, you’re probably not meeting the 90 percent rule overall. That’s why I asked you to pick just one healthy habit to work on with this book."

I've read too many books on health and food and exercise and at this point I am not sure I can get more value out of a book. There are some concepts here that were great to remember, like the 90% one above. As well as connecting actions/choices to your values. And talking about the passengers/bus analogy resonated with me. Just because the passengers can ask you to go somewhere else doesn't mean you have to change your route.

If you're like me and have read a lot on this topic, I am not sure this book will give you anything new, but if you've only read about diets, I recommend this because it will help you think about how to become meaningfully motivated and move towards a healthier life.

with thanks to netgalley and New Harbinger for an early copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Healthy Habits Suck.

October 18, 2019 – Started Reading