Jessica Roessler's Reviews > Can't Block My Love

Can't Block My Love by Xavier Neal

Can't Block My Love is the very first book that I have ever read by Xavier Neal, and all I can say is that I certainly will be reading many more of her stories in the future!
Can't Block My Love popped up on my kindle with the most perfect timing. I had been reading one dark romance after the next. &While I love dark romance, every once in a while you need to switch it up, and this book was the absolute perfect switch up that I could've chosen!
Ren & Hootie's love story is the little bit of light that I needed, along with it's laughter inducing romance, Hootie's hilarious little quirks, & the perfect amount of steam, Can't Block My Love is now one of my favorite recent reads!

The very first character that we are introduced to is Ren. &To be completely honest, it certainly was NOT a good first impression. BUT, this did not turn me off this story whatsoever. In fact, it actually made me want to continue reading. I don't care how cliche and unoriginal this sounds, but, for some reason, I have and will continue to love romance stories where the bad boy changes for the girl that they love. Ren absolutely had rough edges when this story started, but, with the important people in his life, those rough edges were on their way to smoothing over.

Cant Block My Love starts with Ren and his brand new hockey coach speaking. Ren had been making bad choices and acting very irresponsible, and his coach let him know that it may have been ignored by the prior coach, but he would no longer be getting away with anything. Along with a scolding, he tells Ren that he must complete community service if he would ever like to place hockey the upcoming season.
Poppy (Nicknamed Hootie by Ren) just so happens to be the manager of Petropolis, the shelter/daycare that Ren is assigned to volunteer at.
&In good old Ren fashion, he wants Poppy to sign off on his paperwork, without him having to actually stay and do work. So, they make a deal with one another. Ren must get Poppy a date with one of his team members, & Poppy must sign off on Ren's volunteer paperwork, stating that he has been attending and actually volunteering.
&This is when things start to not go as planned. Especially because Poppy & Ren know one another...Ren just doesn't remember!

So, if you are into New Adult/College &Sports Romance, with a little bit of Second Chance Romance throw, in there, then, I think that Can't Block My Love is going to be a perfect read for you. It brought all the laughter, great relationship build up, STEAM, and SO much more.
&The 5 star rating I decided to give, it was well deserved. Like I said earlier, this book fell in my lap at the most perfect of moments, and it seriously was JUST what I needed! Give this story a chance, and let it be JUST what you needed, as well!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Block My Love.

Finished Reading