NAT.orious reads ☽'s Reviews > One Week ’Til Christmas: The perfect holiday romance this Christmas!

One Week ’Til Christmas by Belinda Missen

bookshelves: netgalley, tt-november-2019, standalones

4.25 festive ★★★★✩
This book is for you if… you need something small and cute to hit off the festive/wintery season. Short and enchanting, this book, although predictive for some, offers many moments to laugh out loud and snuggle deeper into the blankets.

Overall.
Me throughout the entire book:

In all seriousnesses, this book was just what I needed to get into the mood to eat the first Lebkuchen of the season. I suddenly had this urge to hop on the next train to rural Europe to roam the alleys of hidden and rustic winter markets while sipping on a glass of Glühwein and munching on some yummy treats. I have nothing bad to say about this piece of happiness. For some, the plot of One Week 'Til Christmas might be predictable. I, too, guessed the course of the plot early on, however it didn't manage to make this a less enjoyable experience. I'm even bold enough to say it's exactly this predictability that makes for the cosiest reads.

Although this short standalone lives up to many stereotypes, it is refreshingly different in its details. I think what I most loved about this book is the male MC. In his softness and shy yet kind demeanour, he offers a welcomed change to the stereotypical male love interest. (Not that I don't love me some cocky boys, but you get the idea.) Tom is fun to be around and very respectful, but still has some mischief in him to make it a joy to watch the two of them have a wonderful time.

What’s happening.
‘Amateur. There is always room for dessert.’

If this isn't a statement that sucks you in, nothing is. Isobel and Tom did not expect to fall on top of each other in front of a bus, much less did they expect fate to bring them together a second time, presenting them with the meet cute of a lifetime and everything that goes with it.
Con:
disgusting boss doesn't give up
guilty feelings because families are missing them
time together limited
Pro:
finally opportunity to stand up to horrible boss
experience romance like never before
time together is overwhelmingly beautiful

_____________________

characters = 4*

enjoyability = 5*

insightfulness = 3*
_____________________
Many thanks to the folks at HQ Digital, who provided me with an eArc in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Week ’Til Christmas.

October 17, 2019 – Shelved
page 120
November 11, 2019 – Shelved as: tt-november-2019
November 11, 2019 – Shelved as: standalones
November 11, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Silver Another excellent review, Nat! And those Winchester boys... thank you for that! 😉 I'm glad this book kicked off your holiday season sweetly!

NAT.orious reads ☽ Kimber wrote: "Another excellent review, Nat! And those Winchester boys... thank you for that! 😉 I'm glad this book kicked off your holiday season sweetly!"

I'm so bad at replying comments sometimes. Don't know how I've missed this. Thanks for the praise, Kimber. I'm glad you love the boys as much as I do, can't think of reviewing without them, tbh. Happy reading!

Aoife - Bookish_Babbling Yay for you finding another soft boi & a festive one this time 😍

NAT.orious reads ☽ Aoife - Bookish_Babbling wrote: "Yay for you finding another soft boi & a festive one this time 😍"

Soft men are everything, I'm telling you!!

Aoife - Bookish_Babbling 🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍