Tari's Reviews > Invitation Only Murder

Invitation Only Murder by Leslie Meier

bookshelves: netgalley, wish-list

Lucy sure had no idea what she was getting into when she volunteered to visit and do a story about a remote island off Tinker's Cove that was owned by Scott, an eccentric billionaire with paranoia issues. He didn't believe in any modern conveniences aside from hot water and limited electricity..and he thought everyone was out to get him because he was so rich. When Lucy stumbled onto the dead body of one of Scott's daughters followed shortly by a mysterious disappearance, she must have felt like she was in the middle of And Then There Were None. I know that I would have thought that! I'm pretty sure that I would have holed up in my room. The whole story had kind of an eerie feeling about that did remind me of reading an Agatha Christie set on an island.

Determined to get to the bottom of the murder and disappearance that she felt sure were connected, Lucy ended up injured, partly by the perp who got away into the woods. There was eventually quite the showdown, since the perp knew that Scott kept a private arsenal of weapons at his disposal. It was survival of the fittest toward the end which definitely kept me on the edge of my chair!

The whole book had more of a suspense feeling and compelled me to keep reading. I liked the twin 8-year-old boys. They weren't really brats but very smart for their age, and their love of books came in handy for them. If I had been Lucy, I'd have probably kissed the ground when I stepped off the boat and back to Tinker's Cove! This was a little different than the usual Lucy Stones that I've read, but it was a good kind of different and I really enjoyed her adventure on the island.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invitation Only Murder.

October 17, 2019 – Shelved