Tari's Reviews > Stamped Out

Stamped Out by Tonya Kappes

This was a fun cozy and a different occupation for the main character. It had everything I've come to love about this author's books...great small town in Kentucky, nosy but caring neighbors and just the whole family thing going on. Bernie was in her forties, so that made for a little change of pace too. I loved how everything turned out for her, Mac and her friends. I had definitely not guessed the killer, and the showdown was quick but exciting. It was great how Bernie was able to think of what she did to disable the killer, despite the obviousness of being with a killer and what was going on at that moment (which is something I won't spoil).

I think Vince and Harriette were my favorites on Bernadette's route. I hope that Vince and Bernie team up again in upcoming books. I think it was awesome how he used his skills after being retired, and he made quite the sleuth. I won't give away some of the background stories because they're just fun. Harriette cracked me up how she'd always appear when Bernadette thought she was sneaking quietly around investigating. I'm really anxious for the next book! I think the series is going to be another winner for this author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stamped Out.

October 17, 2019 – Shelved