Kristen's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

bookshelves: fantasy, highlander, humor, magical, mature, romance, time-travel

This is my first book by Angela Quarles and very much not my last, I love discover new to me authors and even more some one who writes with a splash of humor and lot of great romance. This was such a fun read for me and one I needed, since I've been sucked into a lot more serious contemporary drama, I needed some fun fantasy and great writing.

Some Like It Plaid follows Ashley Miller who responds to a craigslist ad that seriously take a strange turn. One minutes she thinks shes going on a new adventure that she surely needs with a mysterious and drop dead gorgeous man, off to Scotland, then sucked into the past where Google and computer definitely don't exist.Now she's married, again, and to her mysterious highlander Connall, living in a tribe that women seem to be there for only certain reason, and dangerous enemies knocking at their doors. Ashley however is a breathe of fresh air for the tribe and a whole lot to handle for Connall, so their in for one heck of a roller coaster.

Ashley is such an awesome character, I had a blast following her in her insane journey to the past. I loved how she took her life skills in her time to figure out how to help the people she starts to grow close too. Her sassyness with her husband Connall, is super entertaining, they have some insane chemistry but she keeps him on his toes. She also brings a lot of "woman" touches to how the tribe women can help and do things their own way. In the end its a heck of a journey for her and I feel she takes it in stride, way more that I would of.

Connall is all alpha male, his tribe has gone through a terrible loss of women and children and he take the guidance of their tribe druid to bring home a wife. I felt for this guy, e had no idea what he was getting into bringing and woman from our time to his. It was a learning curve and good one. I love how he learned from Ashley and how he wanted to make her happy.

Overall this was a great light read and something that any fantasy, time-travel romance lover would enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

October 17, 2019 – Shelved