Linda's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

U 50x66

🌾Escape with Ashley to the misty hills of Argyll and a mountain of a man😉

👍👍This is a well-written romance with heat, action, romance and a bit of a lesson about early Scotland. Set in present day San Francisco and second century Scotland, author Angela Quarles did a great job bringing the past to life.

👥Beleaguered modern woman Ashley is ripe for escape from her hand to mouth life in San Francisco. Tempted by an ad offering a position in Scotland, she goes for it, expecting a work holiday with stunning views and ends up in 2nd century Scotland. Connall, the kilted, perfect male specimen who comes to the future looking for a wife, has a soft and patient side, but he has his stubborn, alpha male moments that throw a wrench in his relationship with his modern born and bred bride. Will she stay in the past and build a life with this chief's son or will she go (back to her own time)?🤔

😍 Quarles created a modern heroine who is brave, resourceful and far more successful in making the transition between times and cultures than I had expected. The author also came up with some interesting twists to the magic of time travel, like giving Ashley the gift of Google-type knowledge of weather and events that she puts to effective use. I also liked that the author did not soak the dialogue in brogue. For me, deciphering heavy brogue makes reading a chore. All of these elements were great touches that added to my enjoyment of the romance.

Thanks to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for providing a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

October 17, 2019 – Shelved