Sara Jane's Reviews > Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme

Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme by Adrian Plass

U 50x66

Jesus – Safe, Tender, Extreme is a long walk with a good friend. It is filled with insights, humor, and stories about real life: not the life we feel we should be living, but the life we’re actually staggering through.

Adrian Plass is brutally honest without being disrespectful; he is funny without sounding cynical. His writing challenges my thinking. I don’t agree with everything he has to say, but he says it in such a way that I’m left knowing he’s perfectly okay with me not agreeing with him and he might very well be proud of me for having my own opinion.

To be clear, this book is not a thriller. It is a gentle, encouraging read that speaks to your heart. It is a trusted friend sitting across the table from you, making you laugh while you sip a comforting cup of coffee. I will admit there were moments in this book when I felt the conversation lagged. I wished Adrian would get to his point just a little faster, or at least before my coffee cooled; however, I also found that the lulls were comfortable, meaningful, and for the most part, essential to the message of the book.

My favorite quote from Jesus – Safe, Tender, Extreme can be found on page 70:

“Accepting something doesn’t mean that you applaud it or like it or want it or stop praying against it; it just means that you’re facing the truth and getting yourself ready to do anything that needs to be done.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme.

October, 2019 – Started Reading