Chelsea Humphrey's Reviews > Of Curses and Kisses

Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon

47207032

bookshelves: bookstagram-made-me-do-it, from-publisher, netgalley

Honestly, this was such a breath of fresh air. I'm a simple girl; if you use phrases like "elite boarding school" and "contemporary spin on Beauty and the Beast", I'm here for it. Of Curses and Kisses is a retelling that stays fairly true to its origin material, and the soft romantic vibes worked really well for me. I thought the way that the curse is woven into the narrative is clever, and while I know some readers have stated that this was a book that was easy to put down at times, that's precisely why it worked well for me as a buffer read between some heavier material. If you enjoy books that make you feel good, this is definitely one that you want to put on your 2020 TBR.

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Curses and Kisses.

Finished Reading
October 17, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Mathew (new)

Mathew awesome book

Chelsea Humphrey Mathew wrote: "awesome book"

It sounds incredible! I can't wait to start it. <3

Ellen Josephine Yes,It's very interesting

Chelsea Humphrey Ellen Jossie Mensah wrote: "Yes,It's very interesting"

message 5: by Lady_Am (new) - added it

Lady_Am Absolutely love your reviews Chelsea 😍

message 6: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie I'm glad you liked it! I've been trying to figure out how to prioritize my Netgalley arcs and I think this one has jumped pretty close to the top!

Chelsea Humphrey Katie wrote: "I'm glad you liked it! I've been trying to figure out how to prioritize my Netgalley arcs and I think this one has jumped pretty close to the top!"

Lady_Am wrote: "Absolutely love your reviews Chelsea 😍

Thank you, ladies! <3 I hope you both enjoy this one!

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina You got me at “breath of fresh air!” 🥰

Chelsea Humphrey Tina wrote: "You got me at “breath of fresh air!” 🥰"

Ah yay!