Trace Nichols's Reviews > The Institute

The Institute by Stephen King

“It was so simple, but it was a revelation: what you did for yourself was what gave you the power.”

Fast moving, gripping narrative, not fully in the voice of the traditional King works (assistance writing this one?). Nonetheless, I thoroughly fell into the plot, all of its windings, and the superb character development, as we hopscotch from one thread to the next wishing for our paths to cross and some semblance of a hero to arrive. This read is also not as "out-there", remaining somewhat seated on earth. I could see a follow-up story developed off of this memorable novel.

"In the middle of the night, in a house on a quiet street in suburban Minneapolis, intruders silently murder Luke Ellis’s parents and load him into a black SUV. The operation takes less than two minutes. Luke will wake up at The Institute, in a room that looks just like his own, except there’s no window. And outside his door are other doors, behind which are other kids with special talents—telekinesis and telepathy—who got to this place the same way Luke did..."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Institute.

October 17, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read