Tiffany's Reviews > A Favor for a Favor

A Favor for a Favor by Helena Hunting

4.5 rounded up

This was such an addicting love story that was sweet, but full of sexual tension at the same time. My husband played hockey so I love hockey romances a bit more than your average person. That may have contributed to my inability to put this one down, but realistically is was Huntings great writing that had me hooked from the get go.

Stevie was a main character that you'll immediately love with her sass and sarcastic manner. Honestly, I want her to be real so we can be friends and she can join all my book clubs. 😂 Even though she's awesome, she dated Joey (haven't we all dated a Joey unfortunately 🤢). He was just slimey and sexual harassy and made me want to punch this fictional character in his face. I didn't of course (you know because he's fake), but if he were real I would have definitely considered it. Bishop shared similar feelings towards Joey and I think that's why I liked his character so much. He was an asshole, but underneath that shell of dirty looks he was really a softie. As you get to know him, you'll find yourself falling for him a bit more with each page.

This book wasn't as steamy as some of her previous books, but makes up for it with some great dirty talk. For the steam factor I would give this one 🔥🔥 because the one bedroom scene was great, but the rest was fade to black scenes or just sexual banter. This may be a turn off for some (pun intended 😂), but it may help this book appeal to a larger variety of readers. I know some prefer fade to black scenes over detailed sex scenes.

Honestly I really loved this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the genre. You'll find yourself wrapped up in a romance that doesn't disappoint as you get to know some great characters. Do yourself a favor and pick up (or preorder) a copy of this one ASAP.

Thank you Netgalley and Montlake Romance for an e-arc in exchange for an honest review. A positive review was not required and all opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Favor for a Favor.

October 17, 2019 – Started Reading