David's Reviews > Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Seeking God in the Crucible of Ministry

Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership by Ruth Haley Barton

bookshelves: favorites, pastoral-health, spiritual-formation, leadership

This book can be extremely helpful for leaders who know that "something is missing" in their leadership or lives.

The sense of that void is God's tap on the shoulder to draw near to Him to see what He will say and do. In my case, He did great things. I am journeying with Him in a new freedom because of His grace to suggest to my spirit that something was missing.

For me, that something is majored on in this book. And really laid out clearly in Ruth Barton's other book Invitation to Solitude and Silence: Experiencing God's Transforming Presence.

For your sake, your church's sake, and to His glory, read her books and take what is good. Those nuggets that the Lord uses as you journey with Him will make all the difference in your leadership and sonship (for more on "sonship" for both men & women, see my book: We're The "sons Of God". . .So What?: Believe God About Who You Really Are!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership.

March 27, 2012 – Started Reading