Courtney's Reviews > Down & Dirty: Jag

Down & Dirty by Jeanne St. James

89320960
I just finished the book, and unfortunately, I've already started to forget it. It's not that it's bad, it's just very...
description

First, we have Ivy. Although a better heroine than Sophie in the first book, she's still not that great. She just goes back and forth between trying to prove she's not DAMC property and separating herself from that lifestyle and then hanging out at "church" all the time and trying to help the club.

description

And Jag, he's nice and all, but not really hard or tough like you'd expect a hero in a MC romance to be. He's really just a big ol' softy.

I wanted a bit more of this:
description

But he felt a bit too much like this:
 description

I did like this book more than the first one, but it definitely feels more like biker-lite. It's not really gritty or tough. And like the first book, there were some interesting plot points that just weren't developed as well as they could have been. If more time had been spent on Ivy's "mission" to get info about the other club, for example, I think this book could have gone in a better direction and Ivy could have become a better character. And, honestly, the fight thing at the end seemed so out of place. It would have fit much better in the first book, which really needed some kind of ending and didn't have one.

So, did I love it? No. Will I continue with the series? Yeah, sure. It's enjoyable, just not super awesome amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down & Dirty.

Started Reading