Erin's Reviews > Gaming the System

Gaming the System by P.A. Wikoff

I give Imprisoned Online_ Gaming the System (A LitRPG Adventure Book 1) by P.A. Wikoff, 4 stars.

Seph lives in a world where virtual reality is the new reality. No one goes outside, preferring to stay plugged in. Why do things the hard way when it's so easy to do it virtually? But Seph does not believe in this. He yearns for a time way before his lifetime where AI did not rule. One day, he is out doing things his way when everything goes horribly wrong. He is arrested, sentenced and imprisoned for much longer than he thinks he should be. The only way he can earn enough to pay his fine and to make the three years go faster is to plug into a game -- something he has refused to do before. But the more he plays, the more he realizes there is so much more than what he ever expected. Will he be able to learn and become good enough? Will this possibly change the way he looks at life?

This is the second LitRPG book I have read and I quite enjoyed it. I liked how the author gave us a choice of starting the beginning to learn the back story, or jump ahead right into things in a further chapter. Seph is a great main character, refusing to just go along with what everyone else does. There are many who can relate to this. But he is also humble enough to quickly realize that he may not know everything when it comes to gaming. The story is fun and feels exactly like what it should be -- a video game in book format.

If you are a fan of LitRPG, you will quite enjoy this book. If this genre is new to you but you enjoy video games, I recommend you read this and see what you think.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gaming the System.

October 15, 2019 – Started Reading