Andrea (Hammock and Read)'s Reviews > Prose Before Bros

Prose Before Bros by Cathy Yardley

19152497

bookshelves: arc, bookblog, romance, smartypantsromance

Thuy is not only the main lady character of this book but really she is the badass of the whole book. She is Maddy’s best friend from college who helps her come back to Green Valley to take care of things after Maddy’s father dies. Thuy is the best friend all women of the world need! She let the town think they are together, willing to move to help with the baby, and I mean to even learn how to farm! I mean Cal to small town Tenneasse would be HARD! These two are a very fun “couple” to read about and love their friendship! This really made the book special!

Teddy aka Drill is Maddy’s big brother who comes home to see her since he left to join the Wraiths at 16. The Wraiths are the MC in town and well are not the best to say the least. It was hard to get to like Drill even if he reads for her and tries to help the girls, as I have a hard time with all the ugliness of MC culture. This is the one problem for me but I just thought of him as Jax from Sons of Anarchy, and it helped.

This was my first Cathy Yardley book, I loved her writing style as it had laugh out loud moments, quotes I just love, Thuy’s character is a gem, women friendship, adding some diversity into GV, and such strong female leads! Overall, I give this book a 4.5!

Also here are some gem book quotes:

“They are my favorite thing ever. They gave me a place to go when my life was shitty, and they have continually given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I read every single day. They’re my lifeline.” Cathy Yardley, Prose Before Bros

“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.”-- John Waters

Thank you to the Author and Smartypants Romance for the ARC of this book in exchange for the honest review provided here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prose Before Bros.

October 14, 2019 – Shelved