The Word Count's Reviews > Twisted Reunion

Twisted Reunion by Mark Tullius

it was ok

Mark Tullius’ creativity shines through in his collection of short horror stories Twisted Reunion. Each story was more imaginative and distorted than the last. I would recommend Twisted Reunion to horror fans because Tullius refrains from using horror-story clichés and offers varying characters in each of his stories.

The last 7 short stories of the work are the strongest in the collection. The first 22 stories, while inventive are not well-executed. There are considerable gaps in these stories. While some of these holes serve to create suspense, Tullius creates an atmosphere of ambiguity that makes the plot difficult to follow. There are also numerous, inconsistent grammatical errors throughout the text.

After finishing Twisted Reunion, I was left with the feeling of having read a skeleton manuscript instead of a polished, published collection of short stories. That said, because of the constant creativity showcased from story to story, I gave this collection a rating of two out of five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Reunion.

Finished Reading