Margaret Chind's Reviews > A Little House Christmas Treasury: Festive Holiday Stories

A Little House Christmas Treasury by Laura Ingalls Wilder

We just finished this as a read aloud. (AppleBlossom is currently three years old.) We read it right before bed for several nights. I wasn't sure what to expect with a Christmas treasury, but what I found was a book that seemed to take all the chapters with Christmas from the various Little House stories. Now here is my confession, I have never read the Little House books. I have wanted to but the opportunity just never presented itself now with daughters I'm looking forward to it. This is a beautiful book, with a holly red color with gold snowflakes. The padded cover makes it seem so elegant and comfortable to hold. I think this is great and a wonderful idea to have available for the Christmas season. It would be great for young girls to read alone, however it is a fabulous as a read aloud. I'm sure we'll use it again to read aloud many more times.

Thanks to HC.
typed on Kindle Fire

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little House Christmas Treasury.

07/29/2012 page 54
38.0% "Reading aloud with AppleBlossom. Just enough images and pictures to keep her interest in sitting still and looking at the page. Yay! for longer read alouds!"