Amanda's Reviews > Pretend You're Mine

Pretend You're Mine by Fabiola Francisco

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

I love reading Fabiola, I know that no matter how deep into the darker side of romance I get, she will pull me back and give me a breath of fresh air.

Now I have to say, I was already hooked with Harris from meeting him in Knox's book, so getting to really know him in this was the best! Plus, the concept... I freakin' love it! Fake boyfriend? Yes. Over Jerky? Uh yes times two. Small town fun/drama? SIGN ME UP! If any of those things make your heart happy... You need Poppy and Harris in your life!

On to Mr. Harris... Jerky aficionado, true southern gentleman, and sexy as sin? Where do I sign up for him to be my "fake" boyfriend? Cause who are we kidding, I'd take that in a real man any day! I just love that he saw a girl in need, and instead of walking away he went with the flow. If that doesn't make you want to swoon, I don't know what will.

Then we have our lovely Poppy! Small town royalty of sorts, who just wants to live her life, and not be a prize to the local betting pool. She really gets involved in her town festivities, and doesn't let the outsiders ruin it for her. Girl after my own heart! I got a laugh out of watching her dig herself a hole with her "fake" relationship, and freaking jumped for joy when it became more.

Between new faces, and returning friends from Everton, I love that each time I open up a book from this series it's like being one of the crew. All gathering for a drink at Clarke's to swap stories and spend time with good company. Always a treat in my mind, hopefully it will be for you too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretend You're Mine.

October 13, 2019 – Shelved