Jessica Roessler's Reviews > Venom

Venom by Dee Garcia

Out of all the fairy tales that I had read as a child, Peter Pan was never one that fully stood out to me. I'm not sure as to that exact reason, and it wasn't that I didn't like the story, it was just that I rarely had my focus on the story. I dedicated my time to many other stories, and for some reason Peter Pan was never the top one on my list.

But, Dee Garcia has done a wonderful job of turning that around for me.
I loved Venom. I loved Tinksley &Hook's story. I have to say, it was nothing like I had expected it would be, and I think that ended up making it so much better!
&That is the fun thing when it comes to romance, and author's putting their own spin on our favorite fairy tales that we had known as children.
Hook was cruel in the story I remember, &while in this story, he still carries this persona, you also can't help but find his obsession and love for Tinksley to be crazy and sexy.
I was a little worried at the beginning that I may not like Tinksley's character. I'm not 100% sure why I felt this way, but, as it turns out, she grew to be much stronger than I'd had imagined she could be. She grew on me as the story continued, and I couldn't help but find her intriguing.

I really don't want to give anything away, so I am going to leave this review as is, but, I do have to say that I highly recommend reading Dee Garcia's take on the characters and story of Peter Pan. Very different, and very original.
I will definitely be checking out more works done by Dee Garcia, because her writing in Venom has shown me that this author is talented, and certainly knows how to write an authentic and unique story line.
Venom will leave you wanting more, so, get your copy ASAP, and I am sure that you will devour this book just as quickly as I have. From the moment I got it, I barely put it down. The story for me, was just that enticing and addictive!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom.

Finished Reading