Kyle's Reviews > Voyage of the Pequod

Voyage of the Pequod by E.B. Dawson

bookshelves: best-of-the-best, characters-i-love, space-travel, sci-fi, awesome-worldbuilding

Out of all the stories to be retold, Moby Dick is one of the few I'm not likely to enjoy. I do love the theme of maritime adventure, but I'm not a big fan of anything having to do with whaling. That said, could it be possible to retell this classic in such a way that all of the great atmosphere is retained without any of the drawbacks?

It is. And E.B. Dawson has done it perfectly. Plus, her version of the story takes place in SPACE. Space improves everything.

This is a terrific introduction to a universe I would love to spend more time in. The world-building is phenomenal, and the characters are well-developed and intriguing. The story feels like a prelude to something bigger, which I'm very eager to get my hands on, but all the same, this title stands on its own as a very enjoyable and satisfying read. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voyage of the Pequod.

August, 2019 – Started Reading