Lacer's Reviews > Mistress of the Art of Death

Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin

U 50x66

This was an accidental re-read, I must have read it close to when it first came out, pre having a Goodreads account days. So when I picked it up I thought I hadn’t read it at all, but then a few scenes at the beginning seemed familiar, there’s a very distinctive scene with a reed, but I still wasn’t sure, I’ve read quite a few books with plucky ancient medics in the Fens, or similar regions. I still wasn’t sure if I had read it before for most of the book but then towards the end, there was a scene where one character gave another a seemingly innocuous piece of information and I remembered instantly ‘who did it’, and that yes I had read the book. Still, it’s not a bad book to re-read, it features a band of travellers from Sicily, asked by their King to go to England to investigate a child’s murder that had resulted in the Cambridge Jews fleeing to the castle in fear for their lives. I don’t *think* I’ve read the others in the series, and I am curious about what happens next, plus I’m having a bit of a Henry II fan girl moment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistress of the Art of Death.

October 12, 2019 – Started Reading