Cynthia's Reviews > King of Darkness

King of Darkness by Elisabeth Staab

Mar 26, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, vampires, wizards
Recommended for: Every PNR Romance Reader!

WOW - For a debut novel, I am impressed! Ms. Staab manages to lay the groundwork of her world without it getting shoved down your throat or put in your face. She weaves it into her story in such a way that before you know it - SHAZAM!! - everything just falls into place.

I couldn't help but chuckle over the chosen name of Thad Morgan for the hero/king of the story. That sounds more like a college prep boy than a Vampire King. But Ms. Staab makes it work. Thad turns out to be the rare alpha/beta hero that is so hard to find these days.

As with any new series, we're introduced to a handful of main characters that play central roles in the continuing story line; along with a plethora of minor ones who become just as important. Oh my, my, my. . . Siddoh and Lee *sigh* Even the maybe (?) evil wizard Anton holds secrets.

There are a few loose ends in KING OF DARKNESS, which I am assuming Ms. Staab will address in Book #2. Question is - WHEN? How long do we wait until we find out about Lee, Tyra, Alexia, and Anton?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King of Darkness.

message 1: by Elisabeth (new) - added it

Elisabeth Staab Thank you so much for the lovely review! Prince of Power, Anton and Tyra's story, is due out in January I believe. :)