Melissa Kyeyune's Reviews > She's the One

She's the One by J.J. Murray

F 50x66
Mar 26, 2012

Melissa Kyeyune, IR author of 'A Greek God In Harlem' and 'Miguel and Grace': http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_at_ep...

Hmmm... what can I say? Loved it!

This book was a re-telling of Shakespeare's 'The Taming of the Shrew' therefore a bit unoriginal in that aspect. Many romantic comedies and novels have used this template, almost act for act :)

However when JJ Murray stays away from making his female protags bizzarely unlikable, he has a penchant for hilarity that is unmatched.

I loved the humbling of the diva and loved the fact that the male protag was brooding and gutsy (unlike Jay from Renee and Jay). He had been through a number of 'exotic femmes' before so he could give or take Kathleen (the diva).

I also liked the non-IR subplot of Kathleen's assistant and the male protag's brother although the age difference had put me off at first.

Finally, I love how JJ went into detail about the movie production. I love authors who put a lot of effort and research into their 'theme' and they inspire me (I write as well).

--- Melissa Kyeyune (author of IR romances 'Miguel and Grace' and 'A Greek God In Harlem', both sold on Amazon.com):

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's the One.