Kimberly Hicks's Reviews > The Wives

The Wives by Tarryn Fisher

bookshelves: read-on-kindle
Recommended to Kimberly by: Net Galley
Recommended for: Suspense/Psychological Readers

The week has slowly rolled around to your day. It’s Thursday and your husband is home. You greet him by having his dinner warm and his after dinner treat even warmer as you seductively await for the pleasantries of his homecoming to end. He playfully slaps you on the ass and plants a deep rooted kiss on you that would knock any woman to her knees. You can taste his wanting and stress from his week, and you’re the remedy to all that ails him. This is your man and you are his woman and what could be better in this happily wedded bliss? Oh…my bad, did I fail to mention you share your husband with two other women—Monday and Tuesday!

The first wife did not want to become a sister wife, but she was sort of thrown into the role by complete accident. After a tragic incident almost but destroyed the union she shared with Seth, the husband, Seth decided that it was best that they try new things—but who knew those new things would include two other women living in separate parts of town. She always wanted to know what the ‘others’ were like, but Seth kept a tight reign over her. Hell, he controlled his entire harem of wives.

That is, until one day she was doing the laundry and found a note that fell from Seth’s pocket. This note was a normal message offering a reminder to Hannah. Hannah? Say what now? Who the hell was Hannah? Seth’s first wife put two and two together and figured Hannah had to be either Monday or Tuesday. What Seth failed to understand was that he may have had a hold over his wives, or so he was led to believe, but women are mentally stronger and when his first wife found that note and decided to become a private eye, the glue that once held Seth’s wives together, quickly began to fall apart.

The Thursday wife finally makes contact with Hannah and she discovers bruises on her body. Seth was never physically abusive toward her, which baffled her as to why he would be this way with Hannah? And not only did she discover that Hannah was being abused by Seth, but Hannah was carrying Seth’s unborn child. Seeing Hannah’s swollen belly took on a whole new meaning for the original wife. And that, readers, is where this twisted story gets even more complex.

Holy Cow, Batman, when I tell you this story flies in several different directions, that’s exactly what it does! This is one of those stories that bends your mind and brings you back and then bends your mind again. I absolutely loved this story! In fact, I loved this story so much, I read it slowly, which is something I normally don’t do when I love a good book. My reason for taking a couple of weeks to read was because I truly wanted to savor the process Fisher took in mind blowing the reader. Gat Damn she wrote this book!!!!! Yasss, I truly loved it! There is so much that goes on, that I can’t really tell you much more than I did because it would spoil the story. And my readers know I don’t do ‘spoilers’ at this blog!

Fisher did an exceptional job in laying out the foundation of her story, which is why I didn’t devour the story the way I’d normally do. I wanted to give her all the respect her words deserved because she held my interest for two solid weeks and I couldn’t get enough of these wives. Umm hmm, this was a damn good read by all accounts! If you’re looking for something a little different with a new twist, I highly advise you read this book! Of course, I realize not every reader will agree with my opinion, but I have to say, I fell in love with this whole story line. What an amazing story and read!

The Sexy Nerd gives The Wives five extra husbands! When the original wife begins to investigate Seth and find out what he was really up to, her journey will take you in a hundred different directions. I’m a seasoned reader and although I had several scenarios going, Fisher managed to surprise me. That ending had me laughing out loud. I loved it!

To read original post, please stop by the Sexy Nerd, https://www.thesexynerdrevue.com/2019...

Thank you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wives.

October 11, 2019 – Started Reading