Shabby -BookBistroBlog's Reviews > Leave Me Breathless

Leave Me Breathless by Jodi Ellen Malpas

26191846

This much awaited book lands on my kindle and everything gets put on hold. I'm a sucker for Good Guy romances, ones where hero is a provider & takes charge in a "I got this" kinda way. Ryan Willis certainly made me go week in the knees with his shirtless sexy physique and crooked dimpled smile.
“I’m talking about Ryan all-hot-and-outdoorsy-and-without-doubt-an-incredible-lay Willis.”

description

Jodi makes my heart palpitate faster, harder like no other writer. Her Forte being the Oh-so-Macho alpha hero who sweeps in to protect the damsel in distress, and though he rides a truck instead of a steed, the utterly romantic notion of a Guardian/Protector makes me all giddy inside. I mean, who can forget the swoon-worthy Body Guard Jake Sharp who saves Camille in The Protector!
This book is a spinoff in the same Galaxy of Guardians. Though the background plot reeks of mystery and danger, Jodi infuses Breathless sensuality in steamy love scenes. That delicate balance seems to heighten the frustrating passion that both seem to deny initially.
Hannah Bright is the object of Ryan's desire and hiding a dark secret, deadly enough to give her nightmares, anxiety and panic attacks.......and a loaded gun!!

description

"Ryan wants me. Just the way I am.
He’s filling the empty spaces inside me. And I can’t help letting him.
I can’t help admiring him more every day. This is the man I was always supposed to be with.
And now I fear I’ve found him too late."

An intense foreboding cloud looms just on the horizon and the few stolen moments the couple finds together, break the spell with exploration of bodies and lip- numbing kisses. Oh my lord, Ryan can KISS... I adore when Jodi writes her trademark bathroom sex scenes (there's one in every book), The outdoor shower heats up chilly weather with rising passions
There's a particularly sinfully sensual scene in the lake that had me panting for Ryan and I'm sure the water was boiling with passionate frenzy!!

description

Characterization is starkly black and white, there's pure goodness vs the evil black. The constant thread of suspense highlights Ryan's dedication and devotion to shield Hannah at all costs makes me swoon.
The charming small town setting adds to the flavor. Ryan and Hannah's chemistry is pulsating & palpable, their trust building gets interrupted by an old enemy that just won't give up. Hannah's natural instinct to take flight is handled by Ryan with painstaking patience

description

The adorable Alex being Daddy's Sidekick, is mouthy and sassy 10 year old who nudges the characters when they are at an impasse and her comic timing of stating the obvious just made me Laugh!!
Another superbly written, inviting, Must- Read romance that should be on everyone's Kindle.
Since her husband is the Lord now, Lady Jodi's cap just got another feather!
4.5 stars for heart that swings on the lake
#BookBistroBlogApproved
BookBistroBlog@gmail.com
www.instagram.com/BookBistroBlog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leave Me Breathless.

October 11, 2019 – Shelved
October 11, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 30, 2019 – Started Reading
October 31, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jewels Very whitty review Shabby! Laughing as I read it cannot wait for it to drop onto my iPad!

Shabby  -BookBistroBlog Thank you jewels🙏