Jodie (Sunshinejode) W's Reviews > Just One Wish

Just One Wish by Rachael Johns

75206131

bookshelves: netgalley
Read 2 times

Just One Wish is the latest offering from Rachael Johns and it engaged me from the start.

The three strong female characters were relatable and realistic - I adored feisty Alice/Gralice from the start, 80 years young the matriarch of the family, a proud feminist with a quick wit that made me chuckle many times through the book. Her daughter Marie/Sappho is everything Alice wasn't, a proud wife and domestic goddess with an Instragram profile called the Happy Happy Housewife. Geraldine or Ged is the peacemaker between her two role models, her Grandmother and Mother and is the novel's central character.

At Gralice's 80th Birthday she announces that she is taking Sappho and Ged on an Elvis Presley Themed cruise the next day for three nights and it is this event that changes their lives over the coming months.

I find Rachael writes in a way that captures the reader and I do find you end up binge reading her novels as the story just flows and you become invested and need to know what is going to happen to the characters, I was constantly thinking ohhh I bet this happens or that happens and some of my guesses were right but this is what spurred me on, what secrets did each of these ladies have and how was their secrets going to impact each other.

The supporting characters were integral to the story, passionate and flawed, I loved them all and I think I even developed a crush on Jay! There were moments where I would laugh and other times I would be moved to tears.

This book will be another huge success for Rachael and I highly recommended it. Thank you to Net Galley and Harper Collins for the ARC.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Wish.

Finished Reading
July 30, 2019 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
July 30, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
September 28, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley (ebook Edition)
October 9, 2019 – Started Reading (ebook Edition)
October 11, 2019 – Shelved
October 11, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
October 11, 2019 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)