Aleson Alexander's Reviews > Gambling on Gender: an erotic gender swap tale

Gambling on Gender by Sally Bend

bookshelves: transsexual, genderswap

This book was frankly fascinating. It wasn’t so much the story (thought it was a great story), it was the way that Sally stuck you in a dozen different bodies and yet every time she managed to make you feel every single aspect of what being that person was like. I admit that early in the story I thought that Sally was unnecessarily mean to a particular type of person, but with each word, I got drawn into the character and really felt like I was that person. It was no longer mean. It was simply a fact of their existence and vicariously, mine.

I found myself not wanting it to end because I just wanted Sally to show me so clearly what it is like to be another person. There wasn’t much sex is this one, and though I find it nearly painful to say so, I’m glad. The intense psycho-sensual stimulation of simply being another person would be overwhelming when combined with a good sex scene (which we know Sally can do quite skillfully.)

Needless to say, this is an excellent book and if you think that erotica can’t be deep and thoughtful, Sally’s about to prove you wrong.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gambling on Gender.

October 7, 2019 – Started Reading