April's Reviews > Shepherd's Moon

Shepherd's Moon by Stacy Mantle

bookshelves: r2r

I enjoyed Shepherd's Moon and would recommend this book to others. The author created an interesting world of Alex Wilde. Alex is an independent and tough female. She is the only female Shepherd, which makes her even more unique. A Shepherd is a person who protects shifters. Her special ability allows her to communicate with animals, including shifters. She is able to enter their minds, view their memories and give them to commands to follow. Alex and her pack work to locate supernatural beings that have broken the law or are a danger to others. They do their job secretly, without any public knowledge of their existence. The story really becomes interesting with the introduction of Tristan, who is a nephilim. Although Tristan is dangerous, Alex agrees to assist him in an investigation into a corporation suspected of conducting genetic research on shifters. Since I don’t like to post spoilers, all I can say is pick up the book and you will not be disappointed.
Shepherd's Moon received a 4 star review from me. The book started out a little slow for me but quickly picked up steam. I really enjoyed the strong characters and the relationships between them. I found the concept of the Shepherd new and original. My only criticism of the book is my ebook version of Shepherds Moon had several annoying typos. The main typo was quotation marks being placed in the wrong spot. It disrupted my reading a little because I’d have to stop and re-read. Overall, I really enjoyed the book and look forward to reading the next book in this series!
I'd like to thank Stacy Mantle for allowing me to review this book through the R2R on Paranormal Reads and Urban Fantasy Fanatics Group on Goodreads.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shepherd's Moon.

March 25, 2012 – Started Reading