book bruin's Reviews > Man Cuffed

Man Cuffed by Sarina Bowen

I can always count on Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby to give me a laugh out loud romcom. This was such a fun book from start to finish! I am a huge fan of the Man Hands series and a big part of that is because each book is just fun, playful, and low drama. There is no heavy lifting, but there are plenty of hilarious moments that will have your stomach cramping from laughing so hard. This is book 4 in the series, but it can be read as a standalone. I do recommend all the previous books though, especially Boy Toy, since some characters from that book do appear.

Mac and Meg are quite the pair. They have amazing opposites attract chemistry and I loved seeing them verbally spar and push each others buttons. Meg's sunshine and rainbows personality was such a great contrast to Mac's gruff and grumpy attitude. Their back and forth banter really heightened the sexual tension. I'm not usually a fan of the manwhore type hero, but Mac definitely grew on me, especially after his history was revealed. (I wouldn't have minded if some of his extracurricular activities in the beginning were left out though.) There is a bit of drama and pushaway late in the story, but it's resolved just as quickly and the epilogue was the perfect way to bring the story full circle.

One thing I really loved about Man Cuffed is the diversity in the book. I really appreciated how it was incorporated and discussed in the story. The book is also filled with fantastic secondary characters, like Mac's partner Lance. Their bromance was THE BEST! Lance stole the show every time he appeared and I would love to see a book for him (or Aubrey or Cassidy) in the future. Man Cuffed is an entertaining and lighthearted read that you don't want to miss!

*I voluntarily read an advance review copy of this book*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Man Cuffed.

October 10, 2019 – Shelved