Gloria Grossi's Reviews > Daughters of the Lake

Daughters of the Lake by Wendy     Webb

85198959

This book will hit you hard. It is very easy to find yourself drawn into this material. You should know that; the environment within this book is quite dim and uncomfortable. This ain't a paranormal book, yet the entire situation inside this book was somewhat frightening.

The story was told in past and present. The past is the point at which the wrongdoing was carried out, but it's in the present that it got investigated. This was not surprising to me, for crying out loud, this is a work of fiction. The book has a sort of cold-case situation going on, however, the police weren't a major piece of this story. Most of the leads to the crime came from dreams.

The Story started to unfurl when Kate frantically began to read meaning to her dreams. This provoked her to drop every other thing to focus on making a research about the individuals in her dreams. Most particularly, the discussions they had. The more profound she digs into this puzzle, the more bizarre it became.

If you choose to read this book, make sure to be patient. The book is really slow-paced. If you are a fraidy cat, make sure to read in the day, not at night. I really did not have an issue with the chill this book sent to my spine. It just made me more curious. Finally, you have to read with undivided attention. There was a lot of present and past going on. This could get you confused in no time.

For some weird reasons,  toward the end of this book, it was like some curtains were drawn to open.  The dim and unpleasant environment that was a significant piece of this book was lightened up. It became illuminated and soothing.  I don't have a clue how this can be conceivable. Overall, I think this writer is a genius

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of the Lake.

Finished Reading