Wulfwyn 's Reviews > The Middle Sister

The Middle Sister by Jesse Miles

bookshelves: 1019deweys, 1019frightfall-readathon

This was my first book by Jesse Miles. I thought it was the first in the series. I know now it is the third. It’s impressive to me that I didn’t realize it was third in the series. I read a lot of series and they tend to give you clues that a previous book or books were written. Looking back, this one had them but they were so well written they blended in to me. I liked Jack Salvo. He does questionable, sometimes outright illegal things to get the puzzle pieces. He knows when to pick fights and when to hold his cards close, keep his head down and dance. I also found him to be intelligent, fair and compassionate yet pragmatic. It’s a good mix, and a realistic one, for a PI. I’m not going into the mystery because there would be no reason for you to read the book then. The mystery was well done, with a few suspects and convoluted enough to keep me guessing. The author knew the area the story was set in and I had no problem in mapping it in my head. The book left me interested in the other Jack Salvo books. I would say go for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Middle Sister.

October 9, 2019 – Shelved
October 10, 2019 –
page 50
October 26, 2019 – Started Reading
October 26, 2019 –
page 191
58.59% "Started over for Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon"
October 26, 2019 – Finished Reading