Amanda's Reviews > Dark King

Dark King by Kelsie Rae

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

IT’S SOOOOO GOOOOOOD! *Yes, all caps are necessary* I quite literally flew through Dark King. The ending of Wild Card left me with soooo many questions, that when I got my hands on the second book nothing else mattered but finding out what happened with Ace & Kingston. Let me tell you, that cliffy was absolutely worth it.

Kelsie put so much work into getting all the details in, that I almost felt like I was at the table getting a poker lesson from Ace, instead of Kingston. Her passion for this world is truly felt, as is the desire between Ace & Kingston. For characters who play it close to the chest in life, both learn to lean and trust in each other, even when everything is on the table. You could really see the difference between Ace’s outside world and Kingston’s dark, seedy one, where he is a law unto himself, and answers to no man. Taking down those that mess with what’s his.

It’s a perfect transition into this new series that Kelsie has created. I already can’t wait to find out what happens next, as I know that she won’t disappoint!

Be sure you read Wild Card, cause you are going to NEED to read Dark King. *Again, it’s a necessity*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark King.

October 6, 2019 – Started Reading