L.A. Detwiler's Reviews > Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

"You were not made to be small."

This book came into my life at the perfect time. I was feeling unmotivated and lacking enthusiasm. Rachel Hollis's book helped me change my attitude and get re-motivated to chase all of my dreams.

I'm not usually one for self-help books, but Rachel Hollis approaches self-help in a light, conversational way. It doesn't feel like she's lecturing you or on a soap box. To me, it felt like she was just providing real stories about herself and giving lessons she learned along the way. As an overachiever and a writer, I totally related to many of her chapters, especially the chapter about "No" and the chapter about writing.

There were so many great quotes that I actually have on my mirror now to keep me inspired. Rachel helped me cut through the distractions and self-doubt that had been pervading my mind in order to achieve my goals. This book really was what I needed to re-start my passion for my dreams.

I highly recommend this book to anyone feeling uninspired or down about their dreams. It really is eye-opening, and she has chapters that would speak to any woman in any walk of life.

Thank you, Rachel, for helping me remember why I was chasing my dreams and that "no" isn't an acceptable answer when it comes to dream chasing.

~USA Today Bestselling Author, L.A. Detwiler

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl, Wash Your Face.

Finished Reading