Natalia Ramlal 's Reviews > Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder

Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder by Amy Lillard

Bookstore owner Arlo Stanley is preparing for a book signing event with local bestselling author, Wally Harrison when she receives a shocking phone call from the police. Wally has been found dead outside her store. To make matters worse, the police suspect her best friend Chloe is the one responsible for his death. Arlo knows her friend is innocent and with the help of her elderly book club members, she is determined to catch the real killer. Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder is a wonderful introduction to a new series. I liked the southern small-town setting and the quirky cast of characters. Arlo was a strong, likable main character and I loved her friendship with Chloe and the book club ladies. I enjoy a good love triangle and really look forward to seeing what the author has in store for Arlo and her two potential love interests, Mads and Sam. The mystery was well-plotted and kept me on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend this humorous, easy to read cozy. Thank you to NetGalley and Poisoned Pen Press for the opportunity to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder.

October 7, 2019 – Started Reading