Shanice Singh's Reviews > Model Misfit

Model Misfit by Holly Smale

bookshelves: print-books

I started "Model Misfit" immediately after finishing "All Wrapped Up." I was that interested in Nick and Harriet's story. So you can imagine my shock and horror when a few pages into this book, I find out that THEY BROKE UP.
Be still my aching heart.
When her summer plans fall apart and her parents go baby crazy, Harriet jumps up at the chance to model in Japan.
Harriet is excited to be away from home but that changes when she runs into Nick who is also shooting in Japan.
All of Harriet's plans start to fall apart (again) as she starts accidentally messing up her shoots in a big way and Yuka is not pleased.
As hurt as I was about Nick and Harriet's break-up, I couldn't help but be drawn in by Harriet's antics in this book.
"Model Misfit" is (impossibly) funnier than "Geek Girl" and I couldn't stop laughing (when I wasn't crying over Nick. Because yes, it makes sense for me to be sad about the break-up of characters over a decade younger than me) as I read.
Like "All Wrapped Up", I had to get myself a print copy of "Model Misfit". I didn't even wait to finish the book. I just knew that I needed a print copy of my own.
If you're looking for a funny and light read, I definitely recommend you try this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Model Misfit.

October 9, 2019 – Started Reading