Stephanie (Bookfever)'s Reviews > The Octopus Curse

The Octopus Curse by Salma Farook

bookshelves: poetry, favorite-authors, favorites, 2019-publication, modern-poetry

Wow! This was such an amazing read. But the word amazing doesn't even begin to cover this book. It was brilliant and touched me to the core. This is probably going to come out as one big ramble on my part but this collection of poems really blew me away! Last year I read the author's inspirational nonfiction (What Your Soul Already Knows) and this book also a huge winner for me but I gotta say that The Octopus Curse just confirmed that Salma Farook is such a talented author. I adore her writing so much!

I'm not someone who knows a lot about poetry or even reads a lot of it. I only do it every once in a while. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. I love reading poems and The Octopus Curse was definitely something very special. The poetry was beautifully written, of course, but also very powerful, thought-provoking and just a joy to read. And on top of all that amazingness there were also illustrations. They were so so so gorgeous!

I really loved all of the poems but these titles are some of the ones that were favorites of mine and touched something in me: The Sea And The Shore, I Thought I Would See You Again, Thoughts On An Airplane, When Will It Stop? and Angkor Wat, Cambodia.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Octopus Curse.

October 9, 2019 – Shelved