Amanda's Reviews > King of Shadows

King of Shadows by Amelia Wilde

bookshelves: want-to-re-read, add-to-bookshelf

Now I've read this twice... that's right, TWICE! I couldn't get enough of him in the first round, that I had to go back to the beginning and read it ALL OVER AGAIN! That is how much this story drew me in and wouldn't let me go. How do you turn away from Luther Hades?! When you figure out how, let me know, cause I need my brain and soul back.

Let's start with the king himself... Luther Hades. King of the Underworld. Prince of Darkness. The Devil himself. This man... no, this GOD is everything I wanted him to be. Dark, alpha, dominating, and real. He knows himself, and won't take sh*t from anyone, while taking what he wants... like Persephone. While he draws the darkness to him, he can't turn away from the light that she is, so why not take it and bend it to his will, while tasting the tears along the way. The process is absolutely delicious, and you won't want to look away.

Persephone. Sheltered, innocent spirit. She never had a chance against him. Hades draws out all of the secrets that hide in the shadows of her mind and uses them to play her like a finely tuned violin. Her internal struggle is sweet, but her final decent into the darkness of her passions is beautiful.

This is a perfect retelling of a classic mythological tale. It's intense, and will have you so fully under its spell you won't want to come back to reality. So when you do, you'll be begging like me for the next installment, Summer Queen... Between you and me, it's too far off for my liking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King of Shadows.

October 8, 2019 – Shelved
October 8, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 25, 2020 – Started Reading
January 26, 2020 – Shelved as: add-to-bookshelf
January 26, 2020 – Shelved as: want-to-re-read
January 26, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by RaeLatte (new) - added it

RaeLatte Now I need to read this :)

Amanda It’s so good. I’m still thinking about a few choice scenes that are burned into my psyche. ;)