Cherie's Reviews > Coldest Fire

Coldest Fire by Juliette Cross

While I’m excited to finally read Uriel’s story, I’m sad to see the end of this series. 6 books (the beginning/introduction with the 3 original Vessel series books and then the Dominion series to wrap it up) will get you hooked like that.

Uriel wants to end the terror reign of high demon Vladek. To achieve this goal he needs the help of the witch and Vladek’s former concubine, Nadya. Their journey through the fighting pits of the demon underworld reveals their hidden secrets and deepest desires turning the defeat of Vladek into the ultimate revenge.

Even though each story in the series is written as a stand-alone, I highly recommend reading in order to fully immerse yourself into the world before and after the wall between good and darkness fell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coldest Fire.

Quotes Cherie Liked

Juliette Cross
“Nadya, when he comes for you, when he figures it out, it's going to be a firestorm.”

Juliette Cross
“Her lips were nearly touching mine. The heady sensation of floating too close to heaven dragged me even closer. I waited for her to stop me. God, she needed to stop me, because I was quickly losing control. When she didn't, I eased closer. Sliding my tongue along her lower lips, I teased her mouth open. She caught herself, both hands on my shoulders. whimpering when I plunged inside. Then my world turned upside down.”

Juliette Cross
“A kiss was a caress of souls. An intimate entanglement of breath and affection.”

Juliette Cross
“My life won't be ruled by the evil of others. My life is mine. No one else's. No matter what they've tried to do to me.”

Juliette Cross
“You know this, Nadya. You know it already." He started to untie my robe again in slow sweeping movements. My hands dropped away. "My light." He held my gaze. "My love”

Juliette Cross
“I hated you not because you'd gotten away and left me behind. I hated you because you took the light away." i grazed my lips against hers, breathing in her air. "My light, Nadya. You are my light.”

October 8, 2019 – Shelved