Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > What You Don't Know

What You Don't Know by Merry Jones

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Huh... What a dark and disturbing read this is! And, I loved it! The mystery and suspense as Nora's life unfolded with each turn of the page was like a slow burn. Shifting from the present to the past to the present, readers will get a feel for Nora's haunted life. The synopsis alone revealed pretty much what the book is about. But, it is in between the pages where Nora's emotional turmoil unravels to tell what led to everything that happens and has happened in Nora's life.

What You don't Know is such a dark and unsettling telling of Nora's dismal thoughts that swirled around her mind. This made for a good suspense, mystery, thriller. This story played with your mind and emotions. Haven't read any of Merry Jones' books, but this is a good start for me. I loved how the pacing/flow of the story was steady and subtle in order to capture that dreadful worry that Nora lived with in her present... even in the past. The well-written characters add in creating that melancholy feel that Nora lives/lived with. I would think that fans of dark psychological suspense/thrillers would enjoy this read.

Reviewer: Jasmine
Disclaimer: We received a free copy for an honest review. All is my own opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What You Don't Know.

October 1, 2019 – Started Reading