Julie's Reviews > Murder with Cherry Tarts

Murder with Cherry Tarts by Karen Rose Smith

bookshelves: 2019, cozy-mystery, e-book, netgalley, kensington

Murder with Cherry Tarts by Karen Rose Smith is a 2019 Kensington publication.

A well-plotted, clever whodunit!

Daisy is back and life is as complicated as ever! Vi’s emotions are all over the place, Jazzi is still trying to find a place in her biological mother’s life, while Daisy is concerned about one of her employees who is suddenly asking to take home all day -old food and was spotted out in a dangerous part of town.

When Daisy and her new beau discover the truth, they rise to the occasion, helping a single father named Kevin, and his young daughter, who have fallen on hard times. However, when an antiques dealer is murdered, Kevin becomes the prime suspect. Naturally, Daisy feels compelled to investigate the situation, while helping Kevin navigate the inevitable and pointed interrogations aimed at coaxing a confession from him.

This fourth installment in the Daisy’s Tea Garden series, boasts one of the most complex plots we’ve seen to date. It’s a very clever, twisty, mystery that will keep you guessing from start to finish.

Right away, I picked up on an underlying sense of foreboding, as shady dealings and puzzling intrigue abound. Daisy’s experience with solving murders has emboldened her just a little, and she is less intimidated by official law enforcement agents, especially those with an ax to grind.

Naturally, Daisy’s personal life is almost as big of a draw as the mystery, and there’s plenty of drama to go around. Jonas was particularly funny in this book when he gets bitten by the green-eyed monster. By the book’s end, progress is made in some places, while other relationship woes still need more work and more time.

Overall, the family drama, romance, and mystery elements are very well-balanced and perfectly executed. This is one the strongest additions to the series to date!! Keep ‘em coming!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder with Cherry Tarts.

October 8, 2019 – Started Reading
October 8, 2019 – Shelved
October 8, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
October 8, 2019 – Shelved as: cozy-mystery
October 8, 2019 – Shelved as: e-book
October 8, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
October 8, 2019 – Shelved as: kensington
November 19, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)

message 1: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fabulous review, Julie! Sounds good!

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fabulous review, Julie! Sounds good!"

Thank you very much, Meredith!! 💖

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra This book looks really good! Wonderful review Julie! :D

Julie Sandra wrote: "This book looks really good! Wonderful review Julie! :D"

Thank very much, Sandra! 💖

Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill Sounds like a good one! Great review and love the gif 💕💕💕

message 6: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee You make me want to read every book you review!!! Fab review Julie 🤗

message 7: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Wonderful review Julie, love that title! 🤗

Carolyn Oh, I love these books! Now, I really can't wait for it to come out! Great review, Julie!

message 9: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Silver Outstanding review, Julie! I love the title!😀

Julie Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill wrote: "Sounds like a good one! Great review and love the gif 💕💕💕"
Thank you very much, Kim!! 💖

Julie Ceecee wrote: "You make me want to read every book you review!!! Fab review Julie 🤗"

Thank you so much, Ceecee!! 💖😊💖

Julie Maureen wrote: "Wonderful review Julie, love that title! 🤗"

Thank you, Maureen!! 💖😊💖

Julie Carolyn wrote: "Oh, I love these books! Now, I really can't wait for it to come out! Great review, Julie!"

Thank you, Carolyn!! This series has really grown on me. Each installment gets better! 💖😊💖

Julie Kimber wrote: "Outstanding review, Julie! I love the title!😀"

Thank you, dear Kimber! 💖

message 15: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Langford Great review Julie!

Julie Lucy wrote: "Great review Julie!"

Thank you, Lucy!! 💖

message 17: by Paige (new)

Paige Glad you loved it Julie 😊 (my daughters dog is named Daisy)

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina I really need to read some of these sweet cozy mysteries! This sounds wonderful. A great review Julie!!! 💖🌸

Julie Paige wrote: "Glad you loved it Julie 😊 (my daughters dog is named Daisy)"

Thank you, Paige! This author is a huge animal lover- she would probably love that! 💖

Julie Tina wrote: "I really need to read some of these sweet cozy mysteries! This sounds wonderful. A great review Julie!!! 💖🌸"

Thank you, Tina!! I love cozies! They offer pure mysteries that are clean- no graphic violence, for a change.. And I come to love all the recurring characters! 💖

message 21: by Babydimps (Suzy) (new)

Babydimps (Suzy) Great review Julie! This sounds really good! 🍒

Julie Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Great review Julie! This sounds really good! 🍒"

Thank you very much, Suzy!! 💖

message 23: by Theresa Alan (new)

Theresa Alan Great review!

message 24: by Paromjit (new)

Paromjit Fabulous review, Julie....love the gif! 🥰💛💛

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Terrific review, Julie! 💕💕

Julie Theresa Alan wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you very much, Theresa!! 💖

Julie Paromjit wrote: "Fabulous review, Julie....love the gif! 🥰💛💛"

Thank you so much, Paromjit! 💖

Julie Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! 💕💕"

Thank you, dear Mary Beth!! 💖

message 29: by Yun (new)

Yun Fabulous review, Julie! This one sounds fun! :)

Julie Yun wrote: "Fabulous review, Julie! This one sounds fun! :)"

Thank you, Yun!! 💖

message 31: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Sounds perfect Julie! 💜🤗

Julie Holly wrote: "Sounds perfect Julie! 💜🤗"

Thank you, Holly!! 💖

message 33: by Libby (new)

Libby Fantastic review, Julie!

Julie Libby wrote: "Fantastic review, Julie!"

Thank you so much, Libby!! 💖

message 35: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Excellent review Julie! Sounds like a sweet series!🤗💜

Julie Kaceey wrote: "Excellent review Julie! Sounds like a sweet series!🤗💜"

Thank you very much, Kaceey!! 💖

message 37: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Excellent review Julie!👍💋💗😉

Julie Kat wrote: "Excellent review Julie!👍💋💗😉"

Thank you, dear Kat!! 💖😊💖