Judy Christiana's Reviews > Geektastic

Geektastic by Mary Frame

Geektastic was an amazing book! First, I want to say that I love this author’s style of showing a quote before each chapter. I soak in the quote and wonder how that will apply to what is coming up in the storyline. In this book, a quote from one of my all-time favorite poems is used (The Road Not Taken).

This is the second book in the Dorky Duet series. I read the first book, Ridorkulous, (by the way aren’t these titles unique?). I do think reading the first book added background that will increase the enjoyment of the second book, however each could be read independently.

This book has great characters. Each is different and I quickly forgot they were not “real” people and I cared about them and was drawn into their lives. The author has a wonderful talent of great character development. They are multi-level and do not remain static. They grow as the story progresses. The women are strong and the men admire their strength.

The plot was great. It is a romance at its core, but also there is a mystery aspect. Something odd is happening in the small town of Blue Falls, Texas. Suspicious vans have been spotted, houses are being broke into & sandwich makings are missing and UFOs have been seen.

Geektastic is the story of Jude and Annabel. Jude’s exterior is of a charismatic, shenanigan-directing trickster, but what is inside is nothing like that. Annabel has built a wall around herself for protection and does not allow most people to penetrate it. Fortunately, Jude has excellent skills of perception and can see that Annabel is worth waiting for and makes it one of his missions to break through that wall. The story of them becoming a couple is a joy to read. It is not a smooth path, but the correct path for them to follow.

Several characters from the first book appear in the second book and it is great to get to know them better. Granny, an eccentric brewer of moonshine and appreciator of handsome young men is a whoot and gives a lot of humor to the book. I was laughing out loud so often when I was reading and at one point, I was hit straight to my heart and I was crying.

I am a fan of Mary Frame’s writing and I think Geektastic is another fantastic book added to her collection.

I was so lucky to be allowed to read the ARC. I also pre-order the book, since I plan to reread this series. My review is my own opinion not influenced by receiving the ARC.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geektastic.

October 8, 2019 – Shelved