D.K. Hundt's Reviews > Lullabies for Suffering: Tales of Addiction Horror

Lullabies for Suffering by Caroline Kepnes

4.5/5.0*

‘Lullaby aims to portray this affliction with honesty, empathy, and understanding.’

The tears began and refused to stop as I read ‘Love is a Crematorium’ by Mercedes M. Yardley, the last story in this anthology, one of many I will never forget.

Not many genres other than Horror, in this reader's opinion, can so effectively tackle the harsh dark reality that is addiction for so many. One of whom I hold dearly in my heart, always, lost their battle from addiction so many years ago - in my mind - this book is for him.

Thank you, Mark Matthews and Wicked Run Press, for providing me with an advance eBook copy of Lullabies for Suffering: Tales of Addiction in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lullabies for Suffering.

October 7, 2019 – Shelved
January 13, 2020 –
January 14, 2020 –
January 16, 2020 – Finished Reading
January 17, 2020 –
50.0% "'Addiction starts like a sweet lullaby sung by a trusted loved one...Yet soon enough, this warm state of bliss becomes a cold shiver. The ecstasy and dreams become nightmares, and for the sick and suffering addict, we cant stop listening to the lullaby.'"