Chris Huff's Reviews > Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Read 2 times. Last read October 7, 2019.

Having seen the cartoon adaptation of this book many times as a child, I could almost hear the voices of the characters reading it to me. I'm not sure if that was necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but it was a thing.

There are noticeable differences between the book and the cartoon. Some of the differences are due to the cartoon actually including content from the second book as well ("Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There"). I do want to read this second book sometime also. I liked many of the thoughts and descriptions given along the way that weren't or just couldn't have been included in the cartoon adaption. Without giving anything away, I thought the end of the book was a much more fitting end of the story.

It's a story about a child's imagination. But imagination isn't just for children. And while imagination can seem pointless to the unimaginative, it can actually be the (tiny) door to exploring reality. As Alice says: "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Finished Reading