Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)'s Reviews > The Lineup

The Lineup by Meghan Quinn

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, new-adult, read-in-2019, romance-series, romances

Original review: A Novel Glimpse

★ ★ ★ ★ ½

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

I have to give the award "Favorite Baseball Player in a Meghan Quinn Book" to Jason Orson. Yeah, that's an award I just made up, but he's my new favorite. Jason had a great personality. He was tough but sensitive and hilarious. I love how he antagonized Dottie to get her to admit she liked him. It was all so elementary school, but there was something so adorable about it.

Dottie was just as great of a character. She had a hard shell and refused to admit she was attracted to Jason. Dottie was downright mean to him at times, and instead of coming off harsh it came off as funny all because of that sparkling personality Jason had. They had some of the most entertaining banter I've read in a while.

Not only was The Lineup funny, but it was packed with other emotions as well. I was surprised to find myself tearing up at a couple of parts. I loved how Meghan Quinn threw in some moments that eye opening and touching. The Lineup was a great mix of contemporary romance and romantic comedy.

The only issues I had with The Lineup was that dang prologue. It had me on edge waiting for what was to come. I just wanted to enjoy the dance going on between Jason and Dottie, but that dang prologue was always in the back of my mind. I have to give it credit, though. I wasn't expecting it to go down the way it did when I actually got to that part.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lineup.

October 7, 2019 – Shelved