Suzanne Palmieri's Reviews > I'll Be Seeing You

I'll Be Seeing You by Suzanne Hayes

Mar 25, 2012

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: books-i-ve-written-and-co-authored

I have to be honest with you, Goodreads readers.... I wrote this book with Loretta Nyhan. But Goodreads does not have a PEN NAME function yet. So of course, my review is biased! But hey, if you don't LOVE your novels, how do you expect others to love them? :) ~Suzanne Palmieri (Suzanne Hayes)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Be Seeing You.

02/25/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 19, 2013 05:34PM) (new)

"But hey, if you don't LOVE your novels, how do you expect others to love them? :)"

But hey, you're biased!
(Please, try being more creative next time. Your "bias" is in every review you write).

message 2: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Genesis wrote: "You're clearly not expecting anyone to love them since you feel the need to rate your own book...also, is that your excuse for being so dishonest as to game the ratings to your favour?
But hey, you're biased!
"

Like! Since there is no Like button for your comment Genesis.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelley wrote: "Since there is no Like button for your comment Genesis"

How about a rating?

Erica Guess what I got in the mail yesterday? EEEEEEEE!!!
THank you thank you thank you!!!
I've got two books for review ahead of this one and I'm not accepting anymore until I can read this!
SO excited!!!

Iris I just ordered this. I can't wait to read it

Bernadette I loved Glory and Rita! Such an easy read but so full of history and war- time feelings. A glimpse into everyday life during WWII. Loved the dual authors! Wonderful!

Avery Absolutely loved this book a real page turner! I can't wait to read your next book. Rita and glory were relatable honest characters that any woman can relate to. Thank you for depicting women struggling and finding their sense of self. The honesty is refreshing. Nothing in life is perfect: families, relationships etc. I also enjoyed the format of the letters. Super easy to read and refreshing from chapter books! Way to go!!!

Christine Enjoying this book very much!

Molly Can you share how you wrote the book? What was the process? I am thoroughly enjoying it!

Erica Molly wrote: "Can you share how you wrote the book? What was the process? I am thoroughly enjoying it!"

Molly, if you scroll down and down and down a bit more, you'll find interviews that address this very question on her Facebook Author page: https://www.facebook.com/SuzannePalmi...

Actually, her entire page is full-up of interesting stuff, if you've got a few extra minutes to browse.

message 13: by Raka (new)

Raka Khanna Excellent book and I selected this for hosting our book club read. I made the choice through NPR review.
I have always enjoyed writing letters and had pen pals during my college days, so I directly related to the beauty of developing friendship through letters.
I really liked how this story was written. Through their exchange of letters, we get to see both women grow and change. They support each other through their struggles and sadness, through the good times and the bad, through times of uncertainties and loneliness. What a special bond they developed. The authors did such a great job of making them seem real. I think the way the authors collaborated to write the book made the story so interesting.
I made the Oatmeal cookie, the Cutlets (spicy vegetarian version being a vegetarian) and the Scrapple vegetable (spicy vegetarian version). It was all very good.
It is a very nice book to read.
Raka

Karen Whittard Hello, I just wanted to take this time to say how much I truly loved this book. This book has found a special place in my heart and u will be very sad to take it back to the library. I have laughed and cried and felt overwhelmed with emotion during reading this book. The way it was written is truly beautiful. I love absolutely every character in this book. If I could only say one thing about this book it would be that everyone needs to read it. A beautiful emotional roller coaster of a read. I loved it. Thank you for bringing this book into my life

Britni Means My favorite book.

message 17: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Houser (JJ Burry) Suzanne, I read this novel because of its epistolary nature. I am currently writing an epistolary novel, and this one was well worth reading to gain an insight into that format. The characters came alive through their letters, and I hope I can do the same with my novel!

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I've just read this book, and loved it. I wasn't sure about the concept at first, as in the whole book being in the form of letters. But the story unfolded with many characters involved. I laughed and cried along with them, and particularly enjoyed the humourous side of Rita's stories. The book was very well written. Fab job ladies x