C.G. Drews's Reviews > Heartstopper: Volume Three

Heartstopper by Alice Oseman

bookshelves: 5-star, graphic-novel, read-2020, young-adult

You know that moment when your entire soul melts into a book because it is warm and comfortable and safe, but also relatable and vulnerable and sometimes sad?? Me. And Heartstopper Vol 3. 🥺I am such a pile of emotions right now. This book is a warm hug and wholly uplifting, but it also touches on a lot of the harder parts of being a teen and queer and figuring it all out. Like how things can be okay now, but it doesn't erase bad things in the past. Mental illness is an insidious beast and it sometimes never leaves. And coming out isn't just a one time thing. AND YOUR ANXIETY OVER ALL OF IT IS VALID, NO MATTER WHAT.

I felt so emotional in this one, and I love seeing these two grow. But also the side-characters are so dimensional and interesting too! (Also ALED!!!) (And someone was reading Radio Silence!!! That was meta!!) Also can we talk about the teachers?! I loved them.

I love these novels so so much. I just. Have written such a sloppy review but they mean the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartstopper.

October 7, 2019 – Shelved
October 7, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 20, 2020 – Started Reading
February 20, 2020 – Shelved as: 5-star
February 20, 2020 – Shelved as: graphic-novel
February 20, 2020 – Shelved as: read-2020
February 20, 2020 – Shelved as: young-adult
February 20, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Emilee I absolutely agree with everything that you said made you emotional!!! because same!!! 💖🌈